Dating back to 1933, the building has over the years become a Mecca for music fans. Antwerpse Bouwwerken was awarded the contract to completely refurbish the building.
Following the complete renovation of the roof in 2012, the company built a new stand in summer 2013 in record time. The stairs up to the old stands were so steep that numerous visitors were afraid to use them. It took AB just three months to demolish the old stands and replace them by a 1,000 t steel construction with 450 m³ of prefabricated concrete. The gradient of the seating has been changed, thereby improving comfort and views, and also adding 1,332 additional seats. The new concrete stands with their steel structures are anthracite and the balustrade is used as an LED ticker display.